Monday 25 January 2010

So, this is my first post on this blog, lovingly created specifically for the 23 things Oxford programme. And I couldn't be any happier with the name I've chosen! It combines a juicy pun with a memorable quote (but do you know who said it?), and also hints towards my interests and line of work. I intend to be a little on the relaxed side when it comes to the use of "proper" English, although I am going to force myself out of my usual online habit of writing entirely in small case.

I have decided to participate in this programme as I've always thought that 23 things looked like a great idea but I've never used it before, and I have resisted for many years starting a "blog." Even the name makes me feel a bit sick. I have a pretty good understanding of some of the better known Web 2.0 technologies, although I try not to jump on board every new craze (I'm not yet a twitterer). Mainly, I am interested in seeing how these technologies can be used in a work-based environment, especially as libraries, books and publishing seem to be heading this way. I also want to learn some new things that perhaps I wasn't aware of.

I definitely think the reward for this should be £23 in Amazon vouchers. It just makes more sense.

3 comments:

  1. Groucho Marx: "Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend; inside of a dog, it's too dark to read". Blackwell's used to have it on their carrier bags.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kate, you are a genius/Blackwell's obsessive/bibliophile!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It appears that things are going to the blogs around here :-)

    ReplyDelete