Tuesday 16 February 2010

Try not to sniggr at the daft spelling!

Ah, yes. Flickr! For so long I have avoided thee! To be fair, I'm a big fan of photography, and the birth of digital photographs really has opened up the medium in ways which are amazing. Never before have high-quality images been so accessible, easily produced and easy to access. The only problem is that I don't really take any myself. I can't even claim to own a digital camera (phone thingy gadget aside). I am, however, fully familiar with Flick(e)r and, actually, think it's a great site.

My experience with the site was a positive one. I already had a Yahoo user name from years ago, so joining could not have been any easier - literally one click and you're in. The layout is straightforward and easy to navigate. Uploading pics was a cinch. Joining the 23 Things Oxford "pool" was simple, too. I will say that this exercise forced me to trawl through my old(ish) photos for the first time in a while, so that was a bonus. One of my favourites:


And that's that. Alas, I don't think I'll be using Flickr very much as I just don't take many digital photos, but I can see its benefits. I think maybe this site is best for personal use - a way of sharing photo albums virtually with family and friends for example.

I'm falling behind with this 23 Things lark! I tell you, this is a lot of push for my £10 Amazon voucher!

No comments:

Post a Comment